In the modern world, online sales have now become the main source of earning for business companies. In the current scenario of the pandemic, we have seen how much the business now depends on online selling websites. Why it shouldn’t be? Purchasing something online is now way easier. If the seller has put the right information and price of a product, they are just one click away from being purchased. We have examples of many such small-scale businesses that flourished through their online marketing and sales. One such example is ‘The Heavenly Life’. This company owes its major success to the online selling of its cosmetic products. Some basics rules can be followed by any small company and business to increase their online sales. The Heavenly Life used these tactics and skills to target a specific group of people from the community and it dramatically increased their sales.
Some of these tactics are specific for every business and even for the products. However, there are some general skills and expertise that can be applied to any kind of business to increase their online sales Here we have discussed these basic rules:
- Honesty: This is one thing that may be difficult for the seller to adopt, but in long run, it stabilizes a business and earns customer’s trust. So, better be honest about your products and avoid any false claims. The Heavenly Lifegot its customers doubled, as they never made false claims to glorify their products, but meanwhile, they maintained their standard too.
- Making customer compelled: It may sound a bit harsh but that’s one of the rules. It includes launching some valuable products with limited edition sales or limited-time sales. It creates a situation where the client feels it urgent to buy that product. These sales have boosted flopped companies. With the right strategy, right product, and of course right time a small business can achieve milestones in just a matter of few days. Such incentives attract a whole lot of customers. But it’s very important to maintain the quality of products and customer service, as long leaps are good only when they are supported with a sense of trust.
- Give Money-back Guarantee: One of the major hurdles that a customer decides while buying is the fear of losing his money if the product is not of value or is out of order. To make it smooth for the customers, offer them a money-back guarantee in specific circumstances. It will move the customers to decide in the blink of an eye, which otherwise would have taken days to weeks.
- Narrow down Products into Categories: Often when customers are offered too much variety in the same product, it makes them difficult to choose one and it ultimately costs valuable time. You sort out the products, this problem gets sorted out ultimately. Once you have categorized the products using different variables and parameters it would offer fewer options in desired product and help the customer to make a quick decision. The Heavenly Lifehas narrowed down choices on their website and bagged the benefit of increased sales.
- Target Similar Audience: Social media is a blessing for online businesses and it would not be wrong if we say that some small businesses are sustaining totally on social media. Facebook is one such big social media platform that is rich in data of millions of peoples and its algorithm can arrange people into groups having the same choices. A company can use data of its customers to correlate with Facebook’s data and target specific groups having the same choices as their customers. Such options boost the sales dramatically.
- Offer different Payment Methods: This is one way to facilitate customers and ultimately benefiting your own business. There are so many newer and better payment methods that can be named here. A company must choose these methods depending on countries and should offer some special payment modes in countries where usual methods are not available.
- Improved Quality of Images: This has a great impact on appealing to a customer. Upload clearer photos from different angles to give customers a detailed perception of the product. Get help from Product Photography professionals to have this job done. It’s human nature that beauty attracts attention and in business, if you get customer’s attention, consider 50% of your job done.